Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkins

Quay and I took Ava to Fisher's Farm in Greer to pick out her very own pumpkin this past weekend. She really could've done without the pumpkins, because the LOVED the animals. We spent most of our time looking at and trying to pet all of the farm animals they had. Fisher's Farm was so much fun and a really good deal!! Ava liked the "wabbits." Quay called them bunnies, and she looked at him real matter of factly and told him they were wabbits. It was cute as can be.




Her other favorite was the pig. This is her trying to call the pig. She just kept yelling "pig" at the poor thing. You can't see him in the picture, but you can see the hole he was digging with his nose at the bottom.

I thought this was the funniest picture! We were on the tractor ride, trying to show Ava the trees, apples, and the little things Fishers Farm had put out--pumpkins and little ghosts in the trees. She looked at them but didn't get too excited. Then all of a sudden, some birds flew out of the woods a little ways away. Ava loves birds, I mean LOVES birds. She can spot them anywhere and will quickly point them out to you. I think that comes from my dad always showing her birds and squirrels when she was younger. The funny thing about this picture is I look just as excited as she does!! It reminds me of pictures we used to take in high school. If people were posing for a shot, others would get in the background, one would point in some far off direction and the other would look that way. I have a few of those tucked away in my high school scrapbook. It looks like Ava and I are doing the same thing.


The family picture (plus baby in the belly) on the tractor ride. A nice couple offered to take this of us--it was our only picture with Ava looking at the camera. Funny she'll look for other people but not Quay or me. Oh well.


All in all, we had a great time! I can't wait to go back next year. Ava will be bigger and can understand it a little better, and we'll have baby #2 with us!!! woopee!!!

No comments: