Sunday, July 19, 2009

See, what had happened was....

****NEW POSTS BELOW! I finally imported all of our pictures from our old computers, so they're added now.****

Yes, I've been terrible at writing blogs lately. Going back to work full time then coming home to two children has been a little crazy, then Ava broke our computer once school was out. So we sent it to a repair shop along with another computer from a few years back that quit working, and it turns out it's cheaper to buy a new one than repair either one. A lot of things have happened since my last posts, and I've been keeping a mental list of things I want to write about--Ava moving to a big girl bed, Sam's four month update, Quay's triathlons, etc. We now have a new computer so I've begun a few of the posts, but I don't have a lot of pictures to go along with them. They were all on the computer that broke. We're supposed to get all of the docs and pictures that were on the computers on CD's sometime this week, so I should be able to post soon.

This needs no pictures though. Ava has started saying the funniest things lately. Our car rides usually consist of us going through the alphabet, numbers, and pointing out colors. We've been working on last names the past few days at home, and she knows Ava Scott, Mommy Scott, Daddy Scott, and Sam Scott. Of course, she assumed everyone was Scott (Eeby Scott, Granny Scott, etc) I told her that Emily (Eeby) was Emily Wentzky and she replied, "Oh Eeby Whiskey." She thought for a second and said "and Joe Whiskey?" Such a smart little thing, she put those two together.

So today after church, we were riding in the car and out conversation went something like this

Me: "What's your name?"

Ava: "Ava Scott"

Me: "What's my name?"

Ava: "Mommy Scott"

(I won't bore you with all the others, but we went through Daddy, Sam, Oscar, Emily, and Joe. She got all those right)

Me: "What's Grandma's name?"

Ava: "Grandma Scott"

Me: "No, Grandma is Grandma Brown"

Ava: "Oh"

Me: "So what's Grandpa?"

Ava:".....Grandpa Purple!"

Maybe we should just stick to teaching one thing at a time.

No comments: